Guadalupe County Fair & Rodeo
2nd Weekend October
Beef Cattle Department Open Show
Entries must be made by Oct. 3. Late entries are accepted if stall space is available. A $10 late entry fee will be charged for each entry. All late entries will be cash only.
Arrival: Oct. 7, 2016 - 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. Friday
Jr. Prospect Steers and Breeding Beef Cattle.
Judging: Saturday at 9 a.m.
Release: All Beef Cattle released Saturday, 8, 2016, at 3 p.m. and must be stalled to receive premium money.
Entry Fees: Breeding Cattle, Prospect Steers - $25 per head.
Premiums: Beef Cattle premiums will be paid Saturday, Oct. 8 at the show ring. On all Breeding Beef and Prospect Steers, 50 percent of the entry money will be paid back based on the number of cattle in each class.
- 1st Place - 50%
- 2nd Place - 30%
- 3rd Place - 20%
Shavings not provided. Bring your own shavings.
Classes: There must be three cattle of the same breed and sex to make a breed class. If fewer than three are entered per breed and sex, those cattle will show by division. Size of all classes may be subject to the discretion of the beef committee.
- Beef Cattle Classes: American: Brahman, Brangus, Beefmaster, Santa Gertrudis, Simbrah, Brahmousin, Bralers, Red Brangus
- English: Angus, Red Angus, Hereford, Polled Hereford, Shorthorn.
- Exotic: Charolais, Limousin, Maine-Anjou, Simmental, Chianina
1. Junior Calf - calved on or after Jan. 1, 2016
2. Senior Calf - calved Sept. 1-Dec. 31, 2015
3. Summer Yearling - calved May 2-Aug. 31, 2015
4. Spring Yearling - calved Jan. 1-April 30, 2015
5. Early Senior Yearling - calved Sept. 1-Dec. 31, 2014
6. Late Senior Yearling - calved May 1-Aug. 31, 2013
• Champion Heifer of each breed
• Reserve Champion Heifer of each breed - Rosette.
• Grand Champion Heifer of Show
• Reserve Champion Heifer of Show
• Showmanship - Junior, Senior - Belt Buckles
Junior Prospect Steer Show:
1. Open to all 4-H and FFA
2. No wild or unruly steers will be allowed to enter show arena.
3. Steers will be shown by Division: American, English, Exotic.
4. All steers will be divided into three weight groups by division, depending on the number of entries. Weight cards due by 8 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 7.
5. Junior Showmanship: (Heifers and steers may be shown). Showmanship classes will be held at the conclusion of Breeding Heifer Show.
- Junior 8-13 yrs.
- Senior 14-18 yrs.
A $5 entry fee will be charged at time of competition.
• Division Champions
• Division Reserve Champions - Rosette
• Grand Champion Steer
• Reserve Grand Champion Steer