Guadalupe County Fair & Rodeo
2nd Weekend October
Desserts on Display "Youth"
Sunday, Oct. 9 • Coliseum - Sponsored by Guadalupe County 4-H
- Deadline for entries is Friday, Sept. 30 (limited to first 20 entries)
- Day of contest 2:30 p.m. - set up
- 3:00 p.m. - judging of entries
- 4:30 p.m. - awards presentation
- 5:00 p.m. - take down and clean up
- An entry includes an individual or a team of up to 3 youth in grades 3-12. Individuals/teams may come from schools, churches, 4-H, etc.
- Desserts may not contain alcohol of any kind or require refrigeration such as cheesecakes, cream cheese icings or filling, meringue, and whipped toppings. Flavor extracts are allowed! (vanilla, rum extract, lemon extract, etc.)
- For the contest, each entry will bring their prepared dessert, the printed/typed recipe and a card table for their display. Other display items could include table covering, place settings, theme decorations, etc. Be creative and have fun. NO OTHER TABLES WILL BE AVAILABLE!
- During judging, each entry will provide a sample of their dessert to the judges and answer questions from the judges. Judging will be based on:
- Food - 40 points
- Display - 40 points
- Interview - 20 points.
- A judge does not have to taste the entry if they deem it breaks the rules
- A recipe book will be completed and provided to each contestant. Awards will be presented to the top entries. To enter, complete the entry form below and deliver or mail with your entry fee of $10 (checks may be made payable to Guadalupe County 4-H) and your recipe to 210 E. Live Oak, Seguin, TX 78155 no later than Friday., Sept. 30. Limited to the first 20 entries.
- For further information on this contest, please contact Matthew Miranda at 830-303-3889 or firstname.lastname@example.org