Guadalupe County Fair & Rodeo
2nd Weekend October
Beef Cattle Department Open Show
Travis Franke . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Chairman
Rene & Holly Garza, Jeff Henselka, Tray Garza . .Cattle Committee
Entry Deadline: Entries must be made by Wednewday, Oct. 9. Late entries are accepted if stall space is available. A $10 late entry fee will be charged for each entry. All late entries will be cash only.
Arrival: 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. Friday, Oct. 11 Jr. Prospect Steers and Breeding Beef Cattle.
Judging: Saturday at 9 a.m.
Release: All Beef Cattle released Saturday, Oct. 12 , at 3 p.m.
Entry Fees: Breeding Cattle, Prospect Steers - $25 per head.
Premiums: Beef Cattle premiums will be paid Saturday, Oct. 12 at the show ring. On all Breeding Beef and Prospect Steers, 50 percent of the entry money will be paid back based on the number of cattle in each class.
1st Place - 50%
2nd Place - 30%
3rd Place - 20%
Shavings not provided. Bring your own shavings.
Beef Cattle Divisions
- American: Brahman, Brangus, Beefmaster, Santa Gertrudis, Simbrah, Brahmousin, Bralers, Red Brangus
- English: Angus, Red Angus, Hereford, Polled Hereford, Shorthorn
- Exotic: Charolais, Limousin, Maine-Anjou, Simmental, Chianina
1. Junior Calf - calved on or after Jan. 1, 2019
2. Senior Calf - calved Sept. 1-Dec. 31, 2018
3. Summer Yearling - calved May 2-Aug. 31, 2018
4. Spring Yearling - calved Jan. 1-April 30, 2018
5. Early Senior Yearling - calved Sept. 1-Dec. 31, 2017
6. Late Senior Yearling - calved May 1-Aug. 31, 2016
- Champion Heifer of each division
- Reserve Champion Heifer of each division - Rosette
- Grand Champion Heifer of Show
- Reserve Champion Heifer of Show
- Showmanship - Junior, Senior - Belt Buckles
Junior Prospect Steer Show:
1. Open to all 4-H and FFA members.
2. No wild or unruly steers will be allowed to enter
3. Steers will be shown by Division:
American, English, Exotic
4. All steers will be divided into three weight groups by division, depending on the number of entries. Weight cards due by 7 p.m. on Friday, October 11.
- Junior Showmanship: (Heifers and steers may be shown). Showmanship classes will be held at the conclusion of Breeding Heifer Show.
- Junior 8-13 yrs.
- Senior 14-18 yrs.
A $5 entry fee will be charged at time of competition.
- Division Champions
- Division Reserve Champions - Rosette
- Grand Champion Steer
- Reserve Grand Champion Steer
Vehicles hauling livestock park free. All other vehicles are $5.
GENERATORS ARE WELCOME!
Sponosored by Producer's Co-op, Tractor Supply
- [NUMO.CONTENT SECTIONS: LINKS]