Guadalupe County Fair & Rodeo
2nd Weekend October
Field Crops Horticulture Department
Guadalupe County Master Gardeners (830-379-1972) The Horticulture booth will have many activities and resources for visitors.
- Free Seeds, information and other resources
- Master Gardeners on site to answer questions or provide resources
- Raffle for a Many Gardening items to benefit GCMG educational activities. Drawing on Sunday, Oct. 13 at noon. You do not have to be present to win.
- Childrens Activities: Thursday 5-8 p.m., Saturday 11 a.m.-6 p.m., and Sunday 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
Displayed in the Coliseum – Judges to be announced
- All exhibits must be raised in Texas and grown by exhibitor in 2019 only.
- Exhibits will be accepted on Wednesday, Oct. 9 , from 2-8 p.m. and Thursday, Oct. 10 , from 8-9 a.m.
- Each exhibit must be accompanied by a completed entry form. Forms will be available at check-in.
- Entries may be picked up on Sunday, Oct. 13, between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. Only. Any entry not picked up will be discarded.
- Youth Division: Youth exhibits will be judged and awarded under the same rules as the adult entries. Youth ages 14 years and younger are eligible for Youth Division.
Each exhibit will be judged by commercial standards for that item. Uniform size, color, maturity and overall quality are important in choosing your entry. Large size or unusual shape do not represent quality produce and will therefor not meet the commercial standard used for judging. All judges’ decisions are final. Judging commences at 9 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 11.
Each class in Youth and Adult Divisions will be judged and awarded 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Standard blue, red and white ribbons will be awarded. Each Department in Youth and Adult Divisions will award a Grand Champion who will be awarded a Tri-Color Ribbon. The Horticulture Division will award one Overall Grand Champion and one Overall Reserve Grand Champion in both Adult and Youth Divisions. Overall Grand Champions are awarded a purple rosette. Reserve Grand Champions are awarded a Tri-Color ribbon. SPONSORS: A complete list of our generous sponsors is available at www.guadalupecountymastergardeners.org
View details on the Fair Catalog, page 26
- GRAIN SORGHUM
- SMALL GRAINS
- LEGUME SEEDS
- SUNFLOWER SEEDS
- PEAS (FIELD)
- SQUASH, SUMMER
- SQUASH, WINTER
- FRESH FRUITS
- NUTS (IN SHELL)
- NUTS (SHELLED)
- CURED MEATS
- [NUMO.CONTENT SECTIONS: LINKS]